How to Turn on ProForm Elliptical
The pioneer of the elliptical industry is ProForm. Known for their durable elliptical trainers with a variety of prices and performance. If you are lucky enough to have your home gym equipped with a ProForm elliptical, fresh out of the box you might be wondering how to turn on your ProForm elliptical.
Unlike the ProForm elliptical plug location, these do not differ depending on the series of ProForm Elliptical you have. In this article we will show you how to turn on a ProForm Elliptical which will apply to all models.
ProForm Elliptical Power Button
An important safety tip before pressing the power button. If your elliptical has been exposed to a cold temperature allow the machine to reach room temperature before turning on the power. If you were to turn the elliptical on while it’s cold it could potentially damage electrical components or the console.
As with all three of the ProForm series, when you turn on the power for the first time the incline system may start to calibrate automatically. During this process the frame will move upward and downwards while it calibrates. The incline system is fully calibrated once the frame stops moving.
How do I turn on my ProForm Elliptical?
Now let’s look at how you turn on your ProForm elliptical:
- Plug in the power cord and find the power switch on the frame near the power cord.
- Press the power switch to the reset position.
- The console will then turn on and display a preset presentation.
This preset presentation features a demo mode, this is designed for stores having the elliptical on display. When the elliptical is not in use it will display this demo presentation. If you wanted to turn off this demo, press the demo mode button and touch the on checkbox or off checkbox, then press back to return to the home screen.
Setting up your console
Now that your machine is one, before using it for the first time, you’re required to set up the console.
- Connect to Wi-Fi – Using a number of features on the console such as downloading iFit workouts requires internet connection. To do this go to settings > select wireless network mode > Network Setup > Enable Wi-Fi
- Check for Firmware updates – to keep your elliptical up to date with the latest software go to settings > equipment settings > enable automatic console updates
- Turn on bluetooth – read our full guide here on how to turn on bluetooth on ProForm elliptical
- Create an iFit account – to access all of the built in iFit features you must register an account touch the globe icon and this will open automatically on the iFit home page. This will then prompt you on how to create your account.
You are now ready to start working out on your ProForm elliptical. If you wanted to get straight to working out you can use manual mode where you simply press the start button or start pedalling.
How to turn off ProForm Elliptical
To turn off your ProForm elliptical simply follow the opposite. Once you have finished using the machine step off and switch the power switch to off. It’s important that when you are not using your ProForm elliptical or cleaning the machine, the power switch is in the off position. If you don’t do this then the electrical components in your elliptical may start to wear.
Now you are all set to turn on your ProForm elliptical and start your fitness journey!
An ex-triathlete, fitness coach and writer with a Masters in Sports Physiology. Fitness is my passion and I've had my fair share of home fitness equipment tried and tested!